17 May HOW TO DEAL WITH OVERWHELM IN YOUR BEAUTY BUSINESS
Firstly, know that every single Entrepreneur is on the same Roller Coaster, so if you are a business owner in the beauty industry or any other industry, buckle up and enjoy the ride.
Business is full of ups and downs regardless of where you are in your journey, whether you are successful or not, trust me I know because I’m on the same rollercoaster sitting right beside you.
You can be extremely successful and still feel like your failing at life and business, again something I fight a lot with, and I think it’s important for you to know this and know that you are not alone.
Overwhelm is a b*tch, it gets me A LOT! It paralyses me at times, and it’s the biggest single thing that then leads me to procrastinate sometimes for days.
Over the past 10 years of growing successful businesses in the beauty industry I have learned some things that really help me with overwhelm and thought I would share them with you. Just know that I still get this though, but I just know how to deal with it more now and it doesn’t set me back for as long now.
- BRAIN DUMP – get a notepad or post it notes and do a BIG brain dump. Write down absolutely everything in your head whether work related or now, highlight, scribble just do what you need to do to get it out your head.
- PRIORITISE – Now look at your brain dump and pick the three MOST IMPORTANT tasks that need to be done to move your business forward and put them on your to do list.
- TO DO LIST – once you have picked your top 3 priority tasks pick 1 or 2 smaller tasks that aren’t as important but that will make you feel better (for me this tends to be life admin tasks like hoovering etc)
- GET YOUR DIARY AND A HIGHLIGHTER – Now put x3 60-90 minute slots In your diary over the week and slot these tasks into the diary, highlight them in your favourite colour (trust me it works)
- DO NOT DISTURB – Be strict with these slots, put your phone on do not disturb or even in a different room, work somewhere with no distractions and commit to the times you have put in your diary and start ticking off that list one day at a time.
- BE KIND – be kind to yourself, as I say it’s not just you, we are all in this together, acknowledge the emotions, feel the emotion, and then do the steps above.
- DO SOMETHING YOU ENJOY – when I feel so overwhelmed that I can’t even brain dump my thing is to go to the gym, or go a walk, it always makes my head feel clearer and then I will come home and brain dump, so take yourself away from the situation and do something your enjoy then come back to it.
I hope this helps at least one person, remember you can be wildly successful and still feel all over the place, it’s the rollercoaster life of business. If it were easy everyone would do it. Stick in there.
If you are in the hair and beauty industry and would like to join our FREE Facebook community, please come over and say hi at www.facebook.com/groups/yoursaloncoach/